Ett fint torn med sovplats för två har byggts på vägen som Beowulf vill använda för att spränga bort framtiden.
A nice tower with sleeping place for two people has been built on the road Beowulf mining wants to use to blow up the future.
In Gállok (sami) Kallak (swedish) west of Jokkmokk there is now a struggle going on to save a beautiful wilderness area from becoming an iron mine. There is a mining boom in sweden now and it’s part of a long history of colonialism. Samis whose land has been stolen have been joined by all kinds of people in the struggle for the future!
Come and visit the camp and the blockade!
Car/Hitchhiking: Go by road 45 north from Jokkmokk, turn towards Kvikkjokk after some kilometers, go a while, turn left towards Björkholmen, follow the signs towards Kallak Gállok. If you hitchhike we can come get you nearby or in Jokkmokk. It seems rather easy to hitchhike here.
If you travel by bus you can take bus 94 towards Kvikkjokk and get off in Randijaur and we come get you there! Contact us to: firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so we can exchange numbers! You are always welcome to visit spontaneous!
Coordinates to the camp: Lat: 66° 47,68792 Long: 19° 08,09345
Vi offer coffee, food and good company!
Contact: kolonierna(at)gmail.com we check the mejl frequently.
If you want to support the struggle in Gállok Kallak but is not able to come here, put some coffee money in this bank account:
clearing: 3031 kontonr: 22 99788
The money is for food, fines, mischief and much more! Thank you for your support!
There are many reasons to resist against an iron mine in Gállok.
– Solidarity with a people that have, for centuries, been oppressed and colonized by the state. Law and regulations have for a long long time been bad for people living close to nature.
– Defend the landscape, the animals, beings and the future! Gállok is a very beautiful place, with cloudberries, blueberries, reindeer and the small lake Gállokjávrre which is full of fish and so clean we drink the water from it. It’s surrounded by swamps and an old-growth forest with many of the species extinct in other places.
– There is local resistance to the mine in Gállok, which is good so the resistance can be durable.
– Exploitation of the country side. Civilization and economies have clearcut forests, built dams in the rivers and when nothing is left to live from the mining industry comes like “saviors”. They offer work opportunities that only lasts a couple of years and sacrifices the last sustainable livelihoods before they leave an even more devastated landscape behind. + mines always releases toxins in the water and air.
– The Mining industry creates conflicts in the local communities. People that used to be friends get divided by differing opinions about the mines.
– A mine in Gállok does not only afflict the closeby area but also risks Luleå river. There is a risk for damfailure and that the water quality decreases. A big wastewater dam is planned in the forest and in the lake GállokJávvre, where poisonous waste water would be stored for eternity. That no waste water would ever leak is only a dream.